Re: [OT] export http_proxy

On Jun 22,  1:51am, Shao Zhang wrote:
} Subject: Re: [OT] export http_proxy
}
} Bart Schaefer [schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
} > On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Shao Zhang wrote:
} >
} > 	case ${${(M)$(ifconfig ppp0):#addr:*}#addr:} in
} > 	192.168.68.1) export HTTP_PROXY=192.168.68.215;;
} > 	192.168.86.9) typeset +x HTTP_PROXY; unset HTTP_PROXY;;
} > 	and-so-on) export HTTP_PROXY=and-so-forth;;
} > 	esac
}
}     Thanks again. This is my perfect solution. Putting an extra line
}     killall -USR2 zsh in the ip-up script made it all happen.
}
}     Also, I am just wondering, are all these features unique to zsh, or
}     other shells have got them as well?

All Bourne-shell-like shells have the "trap" command.  As far as I know,
zsh is the only one that uses magically-named TRAPxxx functions.

Csh-like shells generally handle only INT and TERM signals, and then only
in scripts, not interactively.