Re: wanted: viins-mode and digit argument with a,i,A and such

> On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 02:02:21PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > I just couldn't be bothered to do
> > it the long-winded way.
> Yes, that is why i stopped doing it.

If it can be done in a widget, it probably should be.  The function
interface in 3.1 is now powerful enough that you need a very good reason
for adding something to the basic shell.  We can easily add new zle widget
functions to the distribution which are essentially indistinguishable from
hard-coded functions but don't add to the shell and can be modified.  One
day they may be made more easily configurable along the lines of the new
completion system.

By the way, I said you couldn't do a minibuffer read, but using `zle -R
string...' you can make it look as if you can.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cambridge Silicon Radio, Unit 300, Science Park, Milton Road,