glob completion without menu style completion

(zsh-3.1.9-dev-6)

If I type

rmdir TAB

I get a list of only directories.

If I setopt glob_complete and do

rmdir *TAB

then each subsequent tab cycles through only directories.

If I don't have setopt glob_complete and I do

rmdir *TAB

the * gets replaced with all files in the directory that would be
matched by * if I were to just hit return at that moment.

Is there a way to get it so that when I type

rmdir *TAB

the * gets replaced with all the choices that the completion system
returns at that time (i.e., whatever glob pattern I've typed should be
applied to the completion choices rather than to files)?  I don't see
an option to do this.

This would be so great for commands like cvs add and cvs rm.......

--
E. Jay Berkenbilt (ejb@xxxxxx)  |  http://www.ql.org/q/