Re: ()# vs. ()## question

On Nov 4,  5:51pm, Jerry Peek wrote:
} Subject: ()# vs. ()## question
}
} I've scratched my head about this one for quite a while now.  Maybe
} someone can explain, please?
}
[...]
}
} The first one example below works the way I expect it to.  But I
} don't see why the second example is matching "server1/".
}
}     zsh$ echo server?/(??/)#
}     server1/ server1/00/ server1/00/01/ server1/00/02/ ...many more...
}
}     zsh$ echo server?/(??/)##
}     server1/ server1/00/ server1/00/01/ server1/00/02/ ...many more...

I don't get "server1/" in my output in 3.1.9-dev-7 for the second example.
Further, I get the correct output from both examples in 3.0.6 and 3.0.8
as well, so I'm at a loss to explain why you see the wrong thing in 3.0.7
and 3.1.9.

I've tried fiddling with globdots, cshnullglob, and kshglob, without any
effect on my results.

Now, I hate to second-guess you, but are you sure you've accurately told
us everything?  You said you made test directories {97..99}, but that's
a /00/ in your sample output, so obviously you've cooked things a bit for
our consumption.

The FAQ remarks about globbing closures have to do with _nested_ closures,
i.e., one # inside the parens and another # outside them.  That's really
not related to ##.