"rehash" each time a new program is installed?

Hello,

I find myself having to run "rehash" to get zsh to recognize the
presence of a new executable in the PATH. bash doesn't seem to have that
requirement. Is there an option to get that behavior in zsh?

Also, how could I have zsh not list "CVS" directories when completing
paths? I tried fignore but it doesn't work.

Oh, and a last one ;) Is it possible to "fignore" a file except when
it's the only completion candidate (considering the typed string e.g.)?

Thanks in advance,

--
    OENONE: Quoi, Madame ?
    PHEDRE: Insensée, où suis-je ? et qu'ai-je dit ?