Re: How to create unnamed temporary arrays?

Sven Wischnowsky <wischnow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

| If I got that right and you really only want those filenames one per

Not quite; that package listing job was just a simple example using
which I was able to demonstrate the kind of situations in which I
might want to create unnamed temporary arrays.  I.e. I'd really like
to know if it is possible to rewrite this...

kala=(/usr/local/etc/packages/*(.:t:r))
echo ${(F)kala}

...so that kala variable is not defined but the ${(F)...}
construction is still used.

|   print -l /usr/local/etc/packages/*(.:t:r)

Thanks for the tip, though.

Please notice the notice in my signature and the Mail-copies-to
header.

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail