Stop _path_files from searching /

Hi,

  when I try to complete a path name like /path/to/dir in zsh 3.1.9 on
Linux, the completion function _path_files steps up the directory tree and
searches for completions in /, /path, /path/to and /path/to/dir. These
directories are not in my cdpath.

  This annoys me because my slow CD-ROM drive is automounted with autofs.
When a CD lies in the tray and a path is completed, zsh accesses /cdrom and
thereby mounts the CD-ROM. Of course, I could remove the symlink from /cdrom
to the autofs directory, but I'd rather like to get the job done by
configuring the zsh completion.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Christoph

--
To iterate is human; to recurse, divine.
Christoph Lange, langec@xxxxxx, http://www.cul.de/home/yaph/, ICQ #51191833