Re: zsh-3.0.8 on SunOS 5.8 in home dir with terminfo

* Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [010321 08:55]:
> On Mar 19, 11:41am, Jeff Shipman wrote:
> } Subject: cannot find termcap info for xterm-color
> } /u/jeff/.zshrc: can't find termcap info for xterm-color [90]
> } so how can I get zsh to find it and use it?
>
> First, try using TERM=color_xterm instead, and see if that doesn't fix
> you up.  Sometimes /etc/termcap has color_xterm but not xterm-color.
>
> Then, if that works, try to find out why zsh is
> using termcap when it ought to be using terminfo.
> Did you build zsh yourself, or was it installed by a sysadmin?
>
> (The error message you quoted always says "termcap" when it
> can't find a terminal definition, even when using terminfo.)

Same problem here:

  zsh> TERM=xterm
  zsh> TERM=xterm-color
  (I guess I'm luky here..)
  zsh> TERM=color_xterm
  zsh: can't find termcap info for color_xterm
  zsh> TERM=rxvt
  zsh: can't find termcap info for rxvt

How to make zsh use TERMINFO (on SunOS 5.8)?
Directory /usr/share/lib/terminfo exists
but apparently has NO entry for rxvt.

Mind you, this system has just been installed
and is missing a compiler, an up-to-date vim,
and an up-to-date zsh.  *sigh*

So my goal is to install an up-todate zsh in ~/bin
(which I exec from my /bin/csh login - dont ask)
and then getting it to work with my ~/.terminfo.

Suggestions?

Sven  [on his quest for a working setup on SunOS]

--
Sven Guckes guckes-zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |        user: zsh-3.0.8 [000515]
ZSH HomePage: http://www.zsh.org         | development: zsh-3.1.9 [000605]