RE: inet_{a,p}ton prototypes in Src/Modules/zftp.pro

> I just tried building zsh on Solaris 7 from the latest source off of CVS.
> Sun's compiler doesn't like inet_aton and inet_pton being declared
> as static.
> Here are the errors:
>
> "./zftp.pro", line 4: identifier redeclared: inet_aton
>         current : static function(pointer to const char, pointer to
> struct in_addr {union {..} S_un}) returning int
>         previous: function(pointer to const char, pointer to struct
> in_addr {union {..} S_un}) returning int :
> "/usr/include/arpa/inet.h", line 52
> "./zftp.pro", line 6: identifier redeclared: inet_pton
>         current : static function(int, pointer to const char,
> pointer to void) returning int
>         previous: function(int, pointer to const char, pointer to
> void) returning int : "/usr/include/arpa/inet.h", line 54

I did a bit of digging. The exactly same problem was reported a while back in
users/3375. Paul, are using Sun workshop compiler?

I had a patch but IIRC I never got any response if it fixed the things and I
had some problems on my own system. The patch probably is not applicable
anymore due to configure.in changes, I'll try to adapt it but cannot promise
when. Interested could look up the mentioned thread; it was moved to
zsh-workers then starting with article workers/12686

-andrej