failed to load module: zsh/zle

Hi,

I've been through the archives and the installation documents,
but I'm missing something somewhere.

I am building a Linux box from scratch. I currently have a
system that runs quite nicely, and I was able to get it to the
point where I could use it to download zsh.

I downloaded 3.1.9, made it, and upon typing zsh I get the

zsh: failed to load module: zsh/zle

message.

So, I went back to the drawing board, did make clean, then did
a ./configure --disable-dynamic and tried again thinking that
that for sure would work, well, I get the same error message.

I'm sure this is a because I don't yet having something on my
scratch-built system that zsh needs, but I don't even know
where to begin looking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                                www.hyperlinq.net
Chief Technology Officer                     tjg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc.                <>< (503) 246-3630