Re: ehh... zsh: correct 'cvs' to '_cvs' [nyae]? n

Just a thought.. I picked the source for zsh and compiled it under
cygwin.. Forgot to mention which platform before.

/ "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Jul 11,  1:30pm, Andrew Markebo wrote:
| } Subject: ehh... zsh: correct 'cvs' to '_cvs' [nyae]? n
| }
| } Commandline correction.. which parameter have I now set wrong??
| }
| } aes@NOCTURN:Jul04<130> cvs --help-options
| } zsh: correct 'cvs' to '_cvs' [nyae]? n
| }
| } aes@NOCTURN:Jul04<0> grep
| } zsh: correct 'grep' to 'zgrep' [nyae]? n
|
| My guess would be that you have *not* set one of either the HASH_CMDS
| or HASH_DIRS setopts (or rather, that you have unsetopt'd them, as
| they are on by default).

I tried setopt HASH_CMDS and HASH_DIRS.. still same problem..

| Does the above happen every time, or only the first time you use a
| particular command, or sporadically?

Everytime..
[logged in]
aes@NOCTURN:/<0> grep foo bash.bat
zsh: correct 'grep' to 'zgrep' [nyae]? n
aes@NOCTURN:/<1> grep foo bash.bat
zsh: correct 'grep' to 'zgrep' [nyae]? n
aes@NOCTURN:/<1> grep foo bash.bat
zsh: correct 'grep' to 'zgrep' [nyae]? n

aes@NOCTURN:/<1> which grep
/bin/grep
aes@NOCTURN:/<0> which zgrep
/bin/zgrep

aes@NOCTURN:/<0> cvs
zsh: correct 'cvs' to '_cvs' [nyae]? n
aes@NOCTURN:/<1> which cvs
/cygdrive/c/program files/gnu/wincvs 1.2/cvs
aes@NOCTURN:/<0> which _cvs
_cvs () {
        # undefined
        builtin autoload -XU
}

| The other possibility is that there are directories in your $PATH that
| are automounted or some such, so that the command does not appear to
| be available until zsh actually attempts to execute it.

path=(/bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /sbin /usr/sbin /usr/local/sbin
        /cygdrive/c/WINNT/system32 /cygdrive/c/WINNT
        /cygdrive/c/WINNT/System32/Wbem
        /cygdrive/c/atria/bin '/cygdrive/c/program files/gnu/wincvs 1.2'
        /cygdrive/c/LiteStep/)

| Aside to zsh-workers:  Regardless of the above, this really shouldn't
| happen.  I'd hate to suggest special-casing a leading underscore in the
| correction code.  Other possibilities?

aes@NOCTURN:/<0> scp myset master:
zsh: correct 'scp' to 'cp' [nyae]? n
aes@NOCTURN:/<0> which scp
/bin/scp

        /Andy

p.s. Bart sorry for duplicate, forgot to send the reply to the list also.