Re: [4.0.2 bug] commands not written to history

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 16:33:49 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> I sometimes write related commands like
>
> $ cmd1
> $ cmd2
>
> And several hours/days later, I can recall cmd1 from the history and
> type ^O to recall cmd2 automatically. I don't want to do that in a
> script or in a function, to have full control on these commands (and
> be able to insert commands between cmd1 and cmd2 if need be).
>
> But sometimes (difficult to say under which conditions), a copy of cmd1
> had been written to the history (as expected), but there is no copy of
> cmd2. That is, ^O gives me another command (instead of cmd2).
[snip]

This problem occurred again, but this time with a local FS, so the
problem can't be related to NFS:

/dev/hda13 on /home type ext2 (rw)

Moreover, the command I got after cmd1 was "startx", which means that
cmd2 (the command that hadn't been written to the history) was the
last command typed in the shell, like in my previous bug report.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des