Completion or.. expansion..

I am throwing a couple of eyes at the zshguide, probably too fast, but
I have one quick question.. It is speaking of completion and
expansion.. differences..

I suppose expansion is the one to use, know when I am getting started
with 4.0.2 and no (very little) history to keep..

Meanwhile, the options like

setopt glob bareglobqual nullglob rcexpandparam extendedglob unset
  unsetopt markdirs globsubst shwordsplit shglob ksharrays cshnullglob
  unsetopt allexport

Should I use these, or do something with completion, compinstall?

        /Andy