Re: completion question

On Jul 29,  7:15pm, Eric D. Friedman wrote:
}
} There usually isn't anything else besides `CVS' at the `com' and
} `company' levels and it'd be nice if I could just cd right on through.
} I tried fignore, but that seems to be for extensions only, not for
} complete names.

If you're using `compinit', you can do this:

    zstyle ':completion:*:cd:*' ignored-patterns '(*/)#CVS'

With old compctl, it's something like

    compctl -g '*~(*/)#CVS(/)' cd

(which requires extendedglob).