Re: Broken /etc/zshrc ?

On Aug 19,  9:12pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
}
} So, is sourcing the /etc/profile a good idea? Shouldn't it be sourced
} only if the shell is a login shell?

If it were sourced from /etc/zprofile, then it would be sourced only if
the shell were a login shell, because that's the rule for /etc/zprofile.

} >     [[ -o login && -r /etc/zprofile ]] && source /etc/zprofile
} >     [[ -o interactive && -r /etc/zshrc ]] && source /etc/zshrc
} >     [[ -o login && -r /etc/zlogin ]] && source /etc/zlogin
}
} OK, if I need to read these files, I'll do this.

You may not need to read those files.  It depends on what the sysadmin
has put in them.  E.g., as I mentioned before, on Mandrake your local
language environment won't be set up correctly if you don't read them.
I don't know about SuSE.