Re: Zsh Guide chapter 5 (substitutions)

On 2001-08-20 at 18:26 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> There are a couple of minor typos in the first few paragraphs about glob
> qualifiers: "usual" for "usually" and "t((%b))" for "((%b))".  Also,
> "whackier" -- on this side of the pond we spell it without the "h", but
> maybe this is a "colour programme" sort of thing.

I've never seen it as "whacky" and I'm from the side which doesn't even
pretend to have a democracy.

However:
 <http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?db=*&term=whacky>
lists it as an alternate spelling, and notes that the word is probably
derived from "out of whack".
--
It was only after their numbers had been reduced from 50 to 8 that
the other 7 dwarves began to suspect Hungry.  - Far Side