zsh compilation errors ... was: Re: bash has been ported DOS

has anyone gotten zsh to compile on platforms other than a recent linux
(like RH 7.1)

I got linux to compile and x86-sunos to compile but sparc, alpha, and sgi
boxes are failing... any ideas? tweaks?

I cleaned and configured with dynamic disabled and then the compilation
choked.

--
-mL x2121
Please CC: qa@xxxxxxxxxxx with anything relating to testing software or hardware