Re: TRAPALRM and vlock problem

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 04:24:03PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Sep 4,  4:13pm, Kevin Way wrote:
> }
> } The problem is that when called by zsh in this manner, vlock will only
> } accept one character, making it impossible to unlock the terminal.
>
> Try replacing the call to "vlock -c" with a call to "stty -a" just to
> find out what the tty settings are at the time vlock runs.

Your suggestion below worked, but seeing as you thought this might be a
bug, I thought I should include:

The output of stty -a from within the trap:

speed 115200 baud; 25 rows; 80 columns;
lflags: -icanon isig iexten -echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
        -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho -pendin -nokerninfo
        -extproc
iflags: -istrip icrnl inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
        brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
oflags: opost onlcr -ocrnl -oxtabs -onocr -onlret
cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -cstopb -crtscts -dsrflow
        -dtrflow -mdmbuf
        eol2 = <undef>; erase = ^H; erase2 = ^H; intr = ^C; kill = ^U;
        lnext = <undef>; min = 1; quit = <undef>; reprint = ^R;
        start = ^Q; status = ^T; stop = ^S; susp = <undef>; time = 0;
        werase = ^W;

And the output of stty -a from a regular command line:

speed 115200 baud; 25 rows; 80 columns;
lflags: icanon isig iexten echo echoe -echok echoke -echonl echoctl
        -echoprt -altwerase -noflsh -tostop -flusho pendin -nokerninfo
        -extproc
iflags: -istrip icrnl -inlcr -igncr ixon -ixoff ixany imaxbel -ignbrk
        brkint -inpck -ignpar -parmrk
oflags: opost onlcr -ocrnl -oxtabs -onocr -onlret
cflags: cread cs8 -parenb -parodd hupcl -clocal -cstopb -crtscts -dsrflow
        -dtrflow -mdmbuf
cchars: discard = ^O; dsusp = ^Y; eof = ^D; eol = <undef>;
        eol2 = <undef>; erase = ^H; erase2 = ^H; intr = ^C; kill = ^U;
        lnext = ^V; min = 1; quit = ^\; reprint = ^R; start = ^Q;
        status = ^T; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; time = 0; werase = ^W;

> If for some reason the ZLE tty settings are not being reset properly
> from inside a trap (which would be a bug, but could be happening), try
> replacing "vlock -c" in the trap with
>
> 	STTY=sane vlock -c

This fixes the problem for me, thank you!

Kevin Way