Re: retrieving invocation arguments

Sweth Chandramouli wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 05:34:27PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > On Sep 14,  9:42pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
> > }
> > } What's the best way of retrieving the arguments with which zsh was
> > } invoked?
> >
> > By examining $0, $-, and $*.  This is imperfect; $- doesn't tell you
> > what options were turned off.
> 	Why can't you just parse the output of setopt?  I think
> you and I had a thread about how to do that easily a couple of years
> ago; it should be in the archives, and it wouldn't be hard to modify.

Or use the $options array from zsh/parameter.  Here's a function that saves
your options to a file; you just source that file to restore the options.
(The for-loop uses new 4.1 syntax, it's not too hard to make it
backward-compatible.)

## begin saveopts
zmodload -e zsh/parameter

# guard against ksh array syntax being in force
local saveopts
# N.B. $saveopts is normal array
set -A saveopts ${(kv)options}

emulate -L zsh

if [[ $# != 1 ]]; then
  print "Usage: saveopts save_file" >&2
  return 1
fi

local savefile=$1
shift

local key val onlist offlist
onlist=()
offlist=()

for key val in $saveopts; do
  [[ $key = (interactive|shinstdin|stdin) ]] && continue
  if [[ $val = on ]]; then
    onlist=($onlist $key)
  else
    offlist=($offlist $key)
  fi
done

{
  print -r setopt ${(pj. \\\n.)${(o)onlist}}
  print
  print -r unsetopt ${(opj. \\\n.)${(o)offlist}}
} >$savefile
## end saveopts

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 392070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.