Re: can't find termcap info

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 05:38:13 -0700, Will Yardley wrote:
> i don't understand this fully (perhaps bart or someone can give a more
> depth explanation), but i believe that unless you specifically compile
> zsh with ncurses (or have a version that was compiled to work with
> ncurses) it uses some sort of system of its own.

I could recompile zsh, but on some accounts, it would be annoying
to install another version in my $HOME.

> you might try putting:
> export TERMINFO=/etc/terminfo (or whatever your terminfo stuff is)

This doesn't change anything (concerning zsh).

> or
> export TERMCAP=/etc/termcap (terminfo is better if it works)

greux:~> export TERMCAP=$HOME/.termcap                                <14:54:42
greux:~> TERM=nettle                                                  <14:54:55
rlogin: connection closed.

Why???

> you might also have to re-export $TERM - like:
>
> if [ "$TERM" = "nettle" ]; then
> 	export TERM=nettle
> fi

This doesn't solve the problem.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des