Re: get the number of active jobs to show in the prompt?

On Oct 1,  7:44pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
}
} There is a small problem, though: When a job terminates and the prompt
} is reprinted, precmd isn't called and the prompt isn't rebuilt, so that
} I still get the old prompt. I'd prefer to get a new prompt (a bit like
} when I type [Return]). Is there an option to have this behaviour?

There's no option to get that behavior because, in general, regenerating
the prompt might change too much of the editor state.  For example, what
if you're editing at the secondary prompt (e.g., on the second or later
line of a shell function or quoted string)?

So the closest you could do is "setopt no_notify" so that job termination
is only recognized/reported immediately before printing the prompt.