Re: compctl -g not working

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 04:23:05AM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> I apologize; it's not kshglob that's the problem, it's shglob.
>
> SH_GLOB <K> <S>
>      Disables the special meaning of `(', `|', `)' and '<' for globbing
>      the result of parameter and command substitutions, and in some
>      other places where the shell accepts patterns.  This option is
>      set by default if zsh is invoked as sh or ksh.
>
> One of the "some other places" is in compctl expressions.
	Aha!  That's it; I now remember that, some months ago, I
ran into a problem where the result of a command substitution was
getting globbed inappropriately (or at least in a way that I found very
non-intuitive), so I turned on SH_GLOB.  Since I still prefer that
behaviour, and compctl can use -s to acheive the same result, I'll
just switch to -s instead.  (What are the odds of the manpage getting
updated to note that "some other places" includes compctl -g, but not
compctl -s, and the fact that BARE_GLOB_QUAL overrides KSH_GLOB?)

	-- Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli ; <svc@xxxxxxxxx>
President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting