Re: Wishlist for zsh: 3 tcsh features

      1) <Meta-Del>: In tcsh, when deleting elements in a path,
         <Meta-Del> generally deletes everything up to the next
         "/" character, e.g.

In ZSH this is controlled with the WORDCHARS env var. Mine is set to:
WORDCHARS='*?_-.[]~#'

      2) <Meta-p>, part 1 : In tcsh, <Meta-p>, when looking up history
         elements that begin with the already-typed string, will return
         a unique list of elements that match the string, e.g.:

One solution to this is prevent history lines from getting duplicated in
the first place. Something like:
setopt hist_find_no_dups
setopt hist_ignore_all_dups
setopt hist_save_no_dups
should be more than sufficient.

      3) <Meta-p>, part 2 : In tcsh, <Meta-p> will return the command that
         matches exactly what's been typed already:

The ZLE widgets 'history-beginning-search-backward' and '
history-beginning-search-forward' are probably what you are after. I bind
them to the up and down key since I find them by far the most useful way of
accessing the history.

Cheers,

Martin.