Completion with {foo,bar}/yadda/yadda/yadda

Hello,

I have a question about zsh 4.0.1 completion behavior.  When I type:

    % ls {foo,bar}/yadda/yadda/yad

and then hit tab, the command line expands to

    % ls foo/yadda/yadda/yad bar/yadda/yadda/yad

How can I get this to expand to

    % ls {foo,bar}/yadda/yadda/yadda

assuming foo/yadda/yadda/yadda and bar/yadda/yadda/yadda are both
existing directories/files?  That is, how can I make a {x,y}
expression not expand but rather complete to where the expanded
expression would point to valid files?

Thanks,

Steve