Re: Two Line Eterm and no RPROMPT

Thorsten Haude <yoo@xxxxxxxx> typed:
:I have a two-line Eterm displayed most of the time, which doesn't
:display the RPROMPT (%~). If I resize the Eterm to two or more lines,
                                                    ^^^three
:the RPROMPT reappears.

Sorry, you can't.  If your term says it has fewer than three lines or
is missing other essential features zsh makes itself use a reduced
line editor mode.  You don't have a right prompt, you have single
line editing rather than multi-line editing, and you miss a couple of
other features.

The reason is that multi-line editing without three or more lines can
easily become unusable with screen space taken up by continuation prompts,
status line (e.g. for history searches) and other features.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing   gcw
main email :  " @pobox.com