Re: newbie's question about completion

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001, Dan Kenigsberg wrote about "Re: newbie's question about completion":
> > > Try: unsetopt recexact
> >
> > Thanks Will and Oliver. That's exactly the answer to my anguish.
>
> Strange, I don't remember recexact being set by default on any version of
> zsh... Is it perhaps the doing of your Linux distribution, in some file
> like /etc/z*, /etc/profile.d/*, or something?

This is SuSe 7.0 that has setopt recexact in its /etc/zshrc (arghhh).
My problem had nothing to do with zsh versions..

Recently, I found a truer "bug" in SuSe's startup files: /etc/profile
sets alias ls='eval /bin/ls $LS_OPTIONS'.
Appart of the question whether it is sensible to expand $LS_OPTIONS every time
you do ls, this distroys arguments with spaces. (confession: I do not fully
understand why)
Anyway, my solution for that was alias ls='ls `echo $LS_OPTIONS`'.

Dan.

(Nadav, it seems I'm following you everywhere..)