Re: zsh 4.0.4 on HP-UX?

Thomas Stromberg <thomas.stromberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I installed the 4.0.4 package from the HP-UX freeware site at
> http://hpux.cs.utah.edu onto a few HP-UX 11.0 boxes, and everything
> works:
>
> except for the backspace key. It works, but the cursor doesn't go

We just fought with the same problem.  We also noticed that if we
tried to say "export TERM=xterm" under hpterm where we saw the
problem, zsh complained that it cannot find the terminfo entry even
though "infocmp xterm" worked just fine.

In any case, we solved the backspace problem by installing ncurses
and then compiling zsh so that it uses ncurses instead of HP-UX's
own curses library (which the precompiled version in the freeware
site used).

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail