Re: Zsh on Solaris 2.6

> I have downloaded the Zsh shell that I have founded on your website
> (http://chronos.cs.msu.su/).
> the file I have donwloaded is :
> # /usr/local/bin/zsh
>
> m091712@qvgweb2 pts/7 /export/home/m091712% zsh
> Segmentation Fault (core dumped)
>
> Do you have some explanation, or is the package zsh-3.1.9g-pkg.tgz,  the right one to install ZSH Shell on a Sun computer under Solaris 2.6 ?

I have no idea which libcurses the binary in question was linked
against, but 3.1.9 is a bit old.

A quick search didn't reveal any modern zsh packages for Solaris 2.6, so
I recommend grabbing the source for zsh 4.0.4 (available at
ftp://ftp.zsh.org/), and doing the following once you've unpacked and
entered the source directory:

./configure
make
mkdir ../MYzsh
make install DESTDIR=`pwd`/../MYzsh
cd ../MYzsh
mv usr/local/* .
rmdir usr/local usr
(echo "i pkginfo=myinfo" ; find . | pkgproto | awk '{$5="root";$6="bin";print}') >prototype
cat >myinfo <<EOF
PKG="MYzsh"
NAME="Z-Shell"
VERSION="4.0.4"
ARCH="sparc"
VENDOR="My Company"
EMAIL="me@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
CATEGORY="shells"
BASEDIR="/usr/local"
EOF
pkgmk -r .

That was off the top of my head, so it may need some tweaking, but it
might give you a usable zsh package.