Re: problem with named directories over the net

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 05:35:27PM +0300, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

> > > PS1="%~ %# "
> > >
> > > Is it what you want?
> >
> > No, I already have that im my prompt.  The problem is that only
> > "/home/luthien" is written as "~",
> > not "/net/server/share/home/luthien".
> >

> Yes, I already realized I misunderstood the problem.
>
> I wonder if zsh should resolve links when comparing paths. Is there
> cases when somebody would like to treat link and its target differently?

I think zsh can't even know that there is a link from /home to
/net ...  I'd have to specify a list of directories that are shown
with the same name in the prompt.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: d.vogt@xxxxxxxxxxx
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen