Updating command cache

I've found that when I install a new package (I'm running Debian), the
newly available commands (i.e. the executables that've just been
installed) are not available from the prompt. I can run the command by
specifying its complete path, but zsh doesn't find it on its own.

I imagine this is because there is some sort of cache with the available
executables, so my question is: how do I make zsh update this cache? I
realize it's a small matter to just exit and restart the shell, but I was
wondering how to do this without exiting.

TIA,

Jesper

--
          Jesper Holmberg            |"But how can |
  jesper.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | one be warm |