Re: completion for fping (not rsync)?

Sorry, I seem to have confused the waters here. The completion I threw
out was for fping. I downloaded the completion for rsync but haven't
spent much time on it yet.

> > You mean something like:
> > 	_wanted hosts expl 'host name' _hosts
> > That does work better.....

> No, just the simple:
>
>  _arguments ... \ # option descriptions here
>             '*:host name:_hosts'

Brilliant. Thanks.....

> and nothing below that.  But of course, that can only be a first try
> at _rsync, given its complicated syntax, not all of which can be done
> with _arguments. So there probably should be either a state handling
> or a local utility function (called instead of the _hosts above) to
> handle the `[user@]host:(:|)(src|dest)' syntax.  For some of this,
> there are already utility functions, looking at how _ssh handles scp
> might help here.

yes this would be for rsync..... I'll work on that this afternoon. I was
going to peek at _scp, etc.. I did notice that _rsync seems to be
only half done.

			Thanks, Anthony.

--
Anthony R Iano-Fletcher        Anthony.Iano-Fletcher@xxxxxxx