Reading .zprofile (Re: Can someone help me convert ...)

On Feb 5,  3:12pm, Rik wrote:
}
} There's one thing last thing I've just noticed. I was using ~/.zprofile
} under 4.0.2. I upgraded to 4.0.4 and it decided to ignore ~/.zprofile.
} Is there a reason for this? If it's compile specific, then additional
} information is that I've just used a default install from FreeBSD ports.

There's no compile option to ignore only the .zprofile, so the question is
whether it's ignoring all your other startup files (.zshenv, .zshrc, etc.)
as well?  If the other files are working, then the only possibility is that
for some reason zsh does not believe that it is running as a login shell.