Re: up-line-or-search question

 --- Dominik Vogt <dominik.vogt@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, that does not do what I want.  I'd need
>
>   up-line-or-history-beginning-search-backward
>   up-line-or-history-beginning-search-forward
>
> Since I still want to be able to navigate through the lines in the
> ZLE.

Is this closer to what you want:

up-line-or-beginning-search-backward() {
  if [[ $LBUFFER == *$'\n'* ]]; then
    zle up-line-or-history
  else
    zle history-beginning-search-backward
  fi
}

zle -N up-line-or-beginning-search-backward

If it is, this was discussed some time around about last November. A
few variations on the idea were posted including a similar function for
forward.

Oliver