Re: _normal:26: bad math expression: operator expected at `0 '

> To: zsh-users@xxxxxxxxxx (Zsh users list)
> Subject: Re: _normal:26: bad math expression: operator expected at `0 '
> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 16:00:53 +0100
> From: Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
>
> Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> > roman@roman ~ > echo $ZSH_VERSION                                      124:0
> > 4.0.4
> >
> > So, is 4.0.4 not a stable version?
>
> Check your $fpath to see if it's possibly picking up other versions of
> the function.

I don't think that's possible. 4.0.4 is the only version that this box
has ever seen:

roman@roman ~ > echo $fpath                                               133:0
/usr/local/share/zsh/site-functions /usr/local/share/zsh/4.0.4/functions
roman@roman ~ > for dir in $fpath; do ls $dir/_normal 2>/dev/null; done   134:0
/usr/local/share/zsh/4.0.4/functions/_normal
roman@roman ~ >                                                           135:0

> It's hard to see how this problem can occur in 4.0.4, unless there's
> some additional option we should be setting for compatibility in the
> list given by $_comp_options.  If it really is the function from 4.0.4,
> try running `emulate zsh' before starting and using the new completion
> system.  If it works after that, it would help if you send a list of
> options you've got set.

    You've nailed it down, thanks! Let me know if you need anything else.

    roman@roman ~ > setopt                                        107:0
    autocd
    nobeep
    cbases
    noclobber
    completeinword
    correct
    cshjunkiehistory
    cshjunkieloops
    extendedhistory
    histignoredups
    histnostore
    histreduceblanks
    histverify
    incappendhistory
    interactive
    interactivecomments
    nolistambiguous
    listpacked
    longlistjobs
    monitor
    octalzeroes
    pathdirs
    pushdignoredups
    shinstdin
    zle
    roman@roman ~ >                                               108:0

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
5:30PM up 10 days, 6:43, 14 users, load averages: 0.26, 0.17, 0.16