Re: completion colors differ on BSD/Linux

> and if you're not using GNU ls, the option for color
ls > may not exist, or may be different.

> in FreeBSD, the option is '-G', and the environment
> variable is "LSCOLORS".

Sorry if my initial mail was unclear, but I wasn't
talking about colored ls output - I was talking about
a case when completing, e.g.,

root@bsd:~> vi <TAB>
movie.avi   stuff.zip   test_dir   test.sh

and in that case the colors differ. (in the example
above, directory test_dir would be red, test.sh green
and other files uncolored).