zsh 4.0.4 on Solaris 8 termcap problems

Back around March 22 of 2001, several people were having
terminfo/termcap problems with zsh 3.08.  I'm referring specifically to
message 3721 where setting TERM=rxvt or TERM=xterm-color results in an
error message "Can't find termcap info..."

I'm having the same problem with zsh 4.0.4 on 2 Ultra Sparc 10's, one
running Solaris 7 and the other running Solaris 8.

Has anyone discovered a fix or work around for this problem as I don't
see anything further in the archives.

Thanks