completion for dotdirs/symlinks to directories

Hello,

My .zshrc currently uses the following set for completing "cd" and friends:

# cd/pushd only directories or symbolic links to directories
compctl -g '*(-/)' cd chdir dirs pushd
# skips CVS when changing directories
# compctl -g '*~(*/)#CVS(/)' cd
compctl -g '*(-/)' -g '*~(*/)#CVS(/)' cd chdir dirs pushd

My goal is to be able to skip past CVS directories when completing a path
and to have only directories and symlinks to directories be legal completion
targets.

Currently there are two problems:

(1) I can't get completions for directories that start with a "."  ; and

(2) symlinks to directories do not work.

I'm using zsh-4.0.2 on solaris.

I tried putting "D" in the first completion rule [ as in -g "$(D-/)" ] but
that didn't work out.

Can anyone set me straight?

Thanks,
Eric