Re: Support for Solaris 2.6 and 2.7?

Hello,

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> Bill Burton wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I built zsh version 4.0.6 on Solaris 2.6 for use on 2.6 through 2.8.
> > However, executable only works on Solaris 2.8.  On 2.6, it can't find
> > /usr/lib/libcurses.so.1 so it bails.  On 2.7, it exits silently (no
> > messages) with an exit status of 1.
> >
> > So is anyone running version 4.0.x successfully on Solaris 2.6 or 2.7?
>
> Yes, I compile on 2.6 and it works on both 2.6 and 2.8.

Okay.

> I also compile on 2.8, and running on 2.6 shows an error like the one
> your seeing.  I would therefore be worried your configuration is picking
> up some `contamination' from 2.8 and you need to configure and compile
> from scratch on a 2.6 machine; at least, I can't explain the result
> otherwise.

That's what I did originally and it failed to run on 2.6.  Since in
general, compiling on a lower OS version alows running on higher versions,
I unpacked the 4.0.6 distro into a clean directory and ran configure/make
on a 2.6 box.  Configure just assumed there was a /usr/lib/libcurses.so.1
but there isn't on 2.6.

I tried rebuilding from scratch again on 2.6 and it works on 2.6, 2.7 and
2.8.  All I can think of is I must have somehow been running a version
built with 2.8.  Probably a link I'd created.

Sorry for the noise ...

Thanks,
-Bill