Re: aliases not getting expanded inside functions?

On 2003-01-03 at 13:31 -0200, Carlos Carvalho wrote:
> Now I'm trying to do something like
>
> % alias -g foo='bar'
> % escr() {print $foo}

% bar='Fred Bloggs'
% foo='bar'
% function escr { print ${(P)foo} }
% escr
Fred Bloggs
%

>                              If so, is there a way to achieve this
> substitution? This is in a script, not interactive.

Is the above sufficient?

You might wish to read zshexpn(1), since there are many other weird and
wonderful ways in which zsh can pervert your data on demand.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
 We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -- Andy Forster