Re: Completion of dirs confused over cursor position

On 2003-01-09 at 10:42 +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> This isn't supposed to happen and doesn't when I use your settings.
> Maybe some invisible character is screwing up the calculations.  I think
> you're stuck with trying to find the minimum set of options, styles and
> parameters which reproduces it, also whether it's specific to a
> particular version or displaying a particular arrangement of filenames.

Well, the exact same _config_ for another user on the same box did not
have that effect.  However, playing around with directories, I do see
issues.

 .
 ./bin
 ./bin/common
 ./bin/openbsd_sparc

Then "cd <TAB><TAB>" shows the issue.  I've not tracked down the exact
combination of filename layout, but it seems to be connected to the
underscore.  Commenting out the matcher-list item removes the issue:

# zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'r:|[._-]=* r:|=*'

I'm sorry that my diagnosis of this stuff is so poor.  I've avoided the
new completion stuff, and am having serious head-scratching moments
trying to figure out how to replicate some old compctl stuff.  Even
simple things, like:
 compctl -f -W ~/some/directory commandname

The FAQ still points to compctl usage.  This is not my week.

(aargh, I can no longer rely upon $_ as being usable. :^( )