Re: cygwin + /dev/stderr

On Jan 19,  6:13pm, Le Wang wrote:
}
} I use /dev/stderr in my scripts profusely.  Now that I
} started using cygwin, these scripts would generally
} fail.
}
} What's the best way for me to handle this without
} modifying all of my scripts?

You can try:

    alias -g /dev/stderr=/dev/fd/2

} I understand that Bash has built in /dev/*
} handling for cygwin, is there any plans for ZSh to
} develop similar features?

There is not, but zsh already has builtin handling of /dev/fd/N.

Note that neither bash nor zsh can help if you are passing /dev/stderr or
/dev/fd/N as a filename argument to a command, rather than using it as the
target of a redirection.