Re: qconfirm in front of zsh-users@

Borzenkov Andrey wrote:
> "Peter" == Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> writes:

>>>  There's no-one here but us chickens.  This sounds OK by me, are
>>>  there any violent objections?

>>>  Oliver tends to deal with a lot of the Sunsite-related stuff... do
>>>  you want to decide finally about this, Oliver?

>> How about require a zsh specific header like:

>> Non X-zsh email will be bounced with a warning message.
>>
>> Advantage:
>>     * no need for confirmation wait
>>     * reduce network traffic
>>
>> DisAdvantage:
>>     * add this header when posting

> I personally say "no" unless you explain how to add custom headers to
> mail sent to specific address only in Outlook.

Well one suggestion would be "Don't use Lookout!". That said, I don't
think it's safe to assume that all list members can easily add custom
headers... With most console based mailers (which most people who post
to the list frequently seem to use).

I personally think that subscriber only posting (but allowing
non-members to post with confirmation) is the best way to go.

I think that most of the time, I see more viruses / spam coming from
this list than actual list traffic... At the very least, I'll echo the
request to stop stripping Received lines. This makes it difficult /
impossible to report spam and viruses sent to the list, and also
probably reduces the effectiveness of some spam filters.

> Confirmation mode looks like the least evil (if current measures do
> not work). I can put up with need to subscribe to both lists if it is
> absolutely necessary.

I'm not sure exactly what needs to happen, but it seems like it would be
pretty trivial to configure the MLM to allow traffic from one list to
the other, if that's what needs to be done. I don't know EZMLM, but this
would be pretty simple in Mailman.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >