Re: Useful query-replace zle widget

Felix Rosencrantz <f_rosencrantz@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Seems like it might be useful.
>
> Some problems I had.
> 1) Didn't handle backspace (vs. del) well, and other non-self-insert
> keys

Nope, from within query-replace, the only recognized keys are:

 - backspace: erase one character
 - enter: terminate string
 - CTRL-C: abort

Improvements for read-within-zle are welcome.

> 2) If I was at the eol, it did nothing.

That's a feature: substitutions only happen after the current
position... Like in emacs.

> Also, a feature request for zle that will be rejected by workers...
> 3) Some sort of highlighting capability in zle, to see the selection.

Can't do anything about this, unless someone extends zle.

Phil.