Re: Subscribers only

Le Wang <lewang@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Are open/closed our only options?  I've heard talk of
> a confirmation process for non-subscribers.  That
> sounds very interesting.
>
> In an ideal world a non-subscriber would get something
> like this when he posts:
>
> <fakeMessage>
> (four options)
> </fakeMessage>

this can be made simpler.  eg. i read and post to this list via
gmane.org, which is a NNTP/mailing-list gateway.  using the simple
fact that no spammer ever uses a real from-address, posters to a list
get a message from "your friendly authorizer" on gmane which they
have to answer to.  then held posts go through.

  clemens