Pax completion?

Folks, I was wondering if anyone out there has made completion bits for
pax, the portable archiver?  I'm not a hacker, so once I looked at the
_cpio and _tar functions, I was kinda scared to build my own.  (The bash
completion project also doesn't have the pax so I can't try to copy
theirs.)

Barring anyone actually having one, how would I go about associating pax
with at least the file types I use it for (*.pax, .tar, .tar.gz, .cpio,
&c.).  Would something like:

compctl -g '*.(cpio|tar|pax) pax -f

work?  And is there a similar way for pax -zf to expand for .pax and
.tar.gz files?  Or should I buckle down and try to bring together the
_cpio and _tar* into one _pax?

Sorry for the n00b question, but this is the first time I've tried
adding onto the completion.

Thanks,
Matt Thompson
--
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good