Re: remote files completion for scp

On Wed,  7 May 2003 12:15:23 +0200, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> =?iso-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3?= Politowski wrote:
>
> > I believe that this completion needs something, maybe dequoting like this, to work correctly.
> > Without this it can't complete any remote path segments after one with
> > spaces, with the change it works for me.
>
> Thanks. Unless I've misunderstood you, this has already been fixed
> (in both branches on CVS). You might want to check them though as I
> seem the remember the fix as being adding a second level of quoting and
> not dequoting.

This is not the same problem.
If I understand things correctly the second-level-of-quoting fix
was meant to produce correct command lines for scp,
and I have this version installed.

But it seems that with this additional quoting of completion results
should go equivalent dequoting when they are used again as the base
for next completions.
The (Q) addition isn't much more than a guess, but Works For Me.

And another deficiency I've just noticed:
scp 'hostname:<TAB>
(note the opening quote) fails to produce any matches.
But for solving this I definitely don't feel qualified.

--
Michał Politowski -- mpol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Warning: this is a memetically modified message