Re: ~/.zshenv or ~/.zprofile

In the last episode (Sep 07), DervishD said:
>  * Wayne Davison <wayned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> > I'd like to change the StartupFiles/zshenv file so that it doesn't
> > recommend setting the "path".  How about something like the
> > attached patch?
>
> The patch and the explanations seems to be quite useful. Anyway: what
> is the proper place to set up the "path"? I mean globally not
> per-user (that is, not ~/.*).

My global path settings are in zshenv, because that's the only one read
from scripts when your original login shell wasn't zsh and from cron
jobs.

path=(/usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/opt/*/bin /usr/opt/*/sbin $path)
typeset -U PATH

The typeset removes duplicate entries.

--
	Dan Nelson