Re: How to execute a command upon loading a module

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> }     Since the keymaps doesn't exist until the module is loaded, I
> } cannot modify them to my likings :(( Can I execute shell code just
> } after a module is loaded?
> No, there is no emacs-like eval-after-load hook.

    Well, I don't use emacs, but I can see what you mean. I thought
that modules may have an undocumented hook feature.

> } Can I *create* those keymaps, modify them and expect the corresponding
> } modules doesn't modify them again?
> No, the module forcibly re-creates and initializes the keymap, discarding
> any existing keymap by that name -- and unloading the module deletes the
> keymap.  It'd be nice if complist were a little more careful about this,
> i.e., check whether the keymap exists and selectively update it, but no.

    Well, then I'll stick to loading the module explicitly. It
doesn't do no harm, really, I was just wondering if a better or
neater solution existed.

    Thanks :)

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--