Re: delete-word does not delete the entire word...

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> }     Maybe, I don't really know. I don't feel like telling what I
> } think about vi or emacs, but when documentation say 'word' I assume
> } 'entire word', not 'from cursor position to...' ;))
> What you're missing is that the documentation nearly always is expressed
> in terms of character positions, not semantic buffer contents.

    That's the problem, maybe: I haven't understood that from the
documentation. I mean, the docs talks about LBUFFER, RBUFFER, cursor
positions, etc... when talking about zle widgets, for example, but
doesn't say explicitly (I think, I haven't read the entire
documentation) that a word is not a semantic entity but just the
buffer contents from the cursor position to the next word boundary.
That's why I asked.

    I must confess that before asking I did a search on the mailing
list archives, and didn't found anyone asking anything similar. That
should be a clue for me that the problem was entirely mine. Maybe if
I had used more word-commands in my favourite editor or in my
ocassional uses of vi, I would have been less surprised with the way
of working of zle. Better luck next time :)

    Thanks for your help.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736