compctl -l

    Hi all :)

    I'm trying to learn now the old completion code (compctl), but
I'm clueless with option '-l'. I mean, I don't understand the
documentation for the flag, and I've assumed only two uses: with an
empty string as CMD every completion is a command completion (every
argument is considered a command itself), and with a name, the
completion for that name is used to add matches. That's all.

    What is this option for? How it works with extended completion?

    I know: compctl is deprecated, but the fact is that 100% of my
completion needs are fulfilled with a couple of compctl commands (I
want 'cd' to just complete dirs, rmdir just the same, etc...), and it
works damn well ;)) I've googled for information and searched the
mailing list archive with no success...

    Thanks in advance.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--